At The Butterfly Clinic, we are committed to providing comprehensive healthcare services to support new mothers and their infants. Breastfeeding is beautiful, but it can sometimes be painful and tricky. We provide personalised assessment and evidence-based advice to help with your breastfeeding journey.
Breastfeeding is highly beneficial for both the mother and baby, providing essential nutrition, immune support, bonding, and long-term health advantages. However, we recognise that breastfeeding can be a challenging experience for many mothers.
A long appointment is required for initial assessment and management of breastfeeding concerns. Please book a “Possums consultation” online or phone reception to arrange. You and your baby are both required to attend the appointment unless you are choosing to come while you are still pregnant
Dr Alex Hepson is a Possums (Neuroprotective Developmental Care) accredited practitioner and provides breastfeeding support services including:
- Individualised, practical breastfeeding assessment and assistance.
- Addressal of concerns.
- Education on proper latch and positioning techniques.
- Tips to enhance milk supply.
- Discussion of common breastfeeding difficulties, including cracked or sore nipples, breast engorgement, sleepy babies, hungry babies, mastitis, and tenderness.
- Emotional support and encouragement.
- Antenatal consultations to educate and plan your breastfeeding journey.
Embrace Your Journey
Empower yourself on your unique women's health journey, and let our compassionate specialists be your trusted allies in supporting your wellbeing. Schedule an appointment today.